Friday 8 April 2016

Week 14 - Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge - Floral Frenzy

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday everyone! Our new challenge is
Floral Frenzy
So, lots of flowers, one flower, flowered papers, anything floral
You have until Noon, GMT, Friday 22nd April to enter this challenge.
The winner of this challenge will receive a $10 gift voucher to the Polkadoodles download store.

Did you enjoy the launch party over last weekend? 
The new release Winnie Fruit Punch, was a great hit so make sure you check it out in the store now - use code FRUITY to save 10%
but hurry as it's only valid for a few more days!!!!....

You can buy individual digi stamps to colour, design sheets to print and cut, even smaller bundles to work with.  Of course you could also buy the whole collection bundle either as CD or download.

Now let's see the inspiration for the challenge...

Ruth:  I've used the very lovely Winnie Fruit Punch cd - I added one of the sentiments to the front of the topper, enlarged it then printed onto thick white card then cut out individual flowers to add around the edges, finishing the card off with half pearls and liquid pearls around the edge.


Anjie I have used the fabulous Lavender Tea download collection on my make. I've used lots and lots of flowers and butterflies and 2 word toppers. I've put them back to back on some straws so they look like flower stems. I've then wrapped some papers around the bottom of the bottle and added some ribbon. More details and photos on my blog.
Lou: I have used the Lavender Tea soup stamp set to create my card. All the flowers have been stamped and coloured with distress inks. I created the centre panel, framed it and added additional flowers to the side. The sentiment is from the same set too. More close up photos can be found on my blog.
Katrina: I have used the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles CD to make my card, starting with the pre-coloured version of the 'Just for You' digistamp.  I was really drawn to the paper that I've covered the card base with - I just love the fresh colours, and it matches up perfectly with some of the flowers on the CD.  I cut the flowers and the sentiment out with my Craft Robo and attached them with silicone glue and white wire for the stems. Is it weird that they remind me of lollipops? :D
Anita- I challenged myself to use the yummy Lavender Tea Stamp soup so everything you see on my make is done using this awesome set, Backing papers  were from the co-ordinating Lavender Tea Printable's Download sentiment was from the Twiggy & Toots Download collection.
Bev here with my take on floral frenzy. I used 'a lot' of the floral printed sheets from Lavender Tea, Cut, inked, shaped and layered up then placed around the beautiful sentiment which is also from the collection.
Claire C  I've used the fabulous Stamp Soup (Lavender Tea and Lemonade Fizz) stamps to create my flowers, stamping and embossing on lots of different papers from the Lavender Tea collection to make this little wall hanging.( you can also buy them as kits but they were sooooo popular they are now available on preorder, have a look here) I'm having so much fun with these stamps, I just can't stop playing with them lol
Beautiful creations to inspire you all with your floral challenge! WOW!!

Our winners of our Cream & Sugar challenge and our Feather in my Cap winners for using PD images (more details on this up top in the tabs section), will be announced next Friday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks for sharing your creations with us, we love coming to visit and appreciate you taking part in our challenges.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!