Friday 17 May 2013

Week 20 Challenge - Spring Colours / Pastels

Welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 18 Challenge which was Anything But A Card.  Some really lovely creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Lisa Jane - you win a Sugarplum Daisy cd  - please use the code PD1W2018 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Catherine - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD2W2018
3rd Place - Dawn Watson - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD32018


Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:


Spring Colours / Pastels

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 26 May at 12noon GMT! 


Ruth:  I've made a calorie free cupcake with papers from the Fredericka cd!  The sentiment is from the Cherry Blossom Lane cd and I've inked it and then added it to the front of the cupcake with embroidery threads from my stash.


 
Lou: I wanted to use something different as my focal point on my card this week, so I decided to use the ticket sentiments from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I printed out the tickets and then fed them through my printer again with different pastel shaded papers from the same CD. I have layered some of the tickets to add depth. Finally I added a central strip of card, ribbon and pom poms and in the centre, I have added a layered topper with a further ticket and additional letter stickers. As a little extra (!), I have added some pastel coloured blooms.


Margaret - I have been dying to use some papers I printed out when I first got the cherryblossom lane CD so my card has been made up using papers from that cd and an image from candy doodles.  The flowers and corner are Marianne design dies and the circle is a spellbinder die a few pearls, and some pan pastels



Anjie - for my project this week I have decorated a bag. My beautiful Niece Daisy is expecting a baby in October and I am buying and stocking up on baby toiletries for her, well everyone always buys clothes so I like to buy things I know will be useful. So I have made this gift bag to give her them in.

The image and papers are from the fabulous Fredericka CD. If you like these images but don't like CD crafting you can now also buy them as digital downloads which you can find here or as pre-printed images in a pack. You can also buy the papers as a paper stack. You can find them all here. I have coloured the image with Graph It Markers and used chalks to create the background. The sentiment is a Studio 12 stamp which you can find here, isn't it just perfect for this! I've added some Marianne D die cuts and some lace from my stash.


Kim - I've made what I describe as a 'CrissCross Gift Card' using papers and topper from the Cherryblossom Lane cd.  I think it's a nice way to give a little gift or a voucher!  A tutorial for how I made this is on this blog! 



Pinky - made an 8x8 card using papers and sentiment from Cherryblossom Lane Cd. The butterfly is also from there and I have coloured it with promarkers and punched some tiny butterflies which I also coloured with promarkers and added some glitter. The ribbon is from my stash.


Lizzie - I decided to use this lovely paper from the  Cherry Blossom Lane CD to cover some boxes to make a desk tidy. I used a Punch to make the edges look pretty, and added some ribbon!


JAN:  I was inspired by our Dee on last week's Polkadoodles show and loved the project that she demonstrated - so here's my version using pretty 'Spring' colours. All the papers, image and sentiment are from the fab 'Sugarplum Daisy CD'



Shell-For my pretty pastel card  I have used papers and image from the Fredericka collection. the image is coloured with copics and I used a few dies to complete the card.


Anne -  I printed my paper from  Pen and Paper kit 5, to make the little gift bag and paper for the gift tag.
The cute honey bee and sentiment are from the Sugarplum Fairy CD.  Quick and simple:)


Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules - the challenge closes at noon GMT on Sunday 26 May!
   

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners and Wow so beautiful are your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations ladies.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow loving this theme and gorgeous creations ladies - sooo pretty x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the design team's cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. woweee - thanks for picking me as winner . And well done to Catherine and Dawn... fab challenge this week and brilliant creations from the DT
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it didn't work when I put the url of my specific blogpost in your Mister Linky? The url of my blogpost is:

    http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/2013/05/pastel-colors-4-kids-at-sas4kids.html

    Thanks, Karen Hasheck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concratulations for winners! Thank you for another fab challenge and awesome DT inspiration!
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful DT creations, thank you for a fabulous challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty projects this week, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the challenge and beautiful DT inspiration hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful DT work!
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!