Friday 3 May 2013

Week 18 Challenge - Anything But A Card

Welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 16 Challenge which was a New Home theme.  Some really lovely creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Cass - you win a Sugarplum Daisy cd  - please use the code PD1W1816 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Heidi - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD2W1816
3rd Place - aNNie - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD3W1816

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:


Anything But A Card

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 12 May at 12noon GMT!

Shell- I have made something totally different for this weeks challenge, I made a key ring. To make it I used clay and pressed the butterfly stamp from the Bevvieboo stamp set. Once the clay set I covered it in pink and purple paint.

Ruth: I've made a little hanging plaque by using papers from Paper Boutique Vol 1 and a rather cute Emma Canning digi which I've coloured with Promarkers.  I've used Spellbinder Nestabilites for the shape, aded some doodling and some silver cord to the reverse and its all complete!




Lucy: for this challenge, I decided to do another journal page! I used the image from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom, coloured with Pro Markers. The backing papers are from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom. The papers torn in to pieces and stuck down with gel medium. The border is drawn with markers.


Margaret after a stay in a hotel near christmas I fell in love with the idea of door decorations and decided to do one for each room, and this is my first, using the incredible Polka Doodles cd  Creative Christmas I made a Holly Wreath.  Just cutting out lots of Holly and attaching to a gold covered circle then smothering it in red  doodle dewdrops.


Lizzie - I decided to make a Watering Can gift box! I made the one with the purple handles first to test the template. Oooh it was sooooooo easy to make. I used the beautiful paper from the CD Back to Nature It really didn't need anything else adding to it!


Then I decided to go wild and do one I could decorate with my dies ! This time  I used a beautiful blue paper with butterflies on. From the CD Cherry Blossom Lane The idea being it would look like the butterflies were flying in the sky to go with my "picture" I created around the can.


I used various Marianne dies to create the effect. Of course I had to use my Stickles to glitter up the butterflies and add gems for pizzaz !

Ok, I got inspired by making something other than a card and I so love the new Fredericka CD so I got playing and came up with this place card. I thought that I would try to use something I had in the house that was for another purpose. This is made from a Bulldog clip really used for clipping papers together!  I covered it in paper and cut out one of the pre-coloured images from the CD (re-sizing). I added some bling, tied some ribbon in a bow at the back of the place card (after all some-one sees the back!). For the name card I used a Spellbinder die cutting it out over a printed picture and name, used distress inks, added a butterfly and voila! VERY quick to make and so easy!



JAN:  I decided to make a little gift bag using papers and a cute little image and sentiment from the 'Sugarplum Daisy CD'.  Watch out for my tutorial which explains how to make this little bag from one piece of A4 paper.


Pinky - For my project I decided to make some little bootees and a tag. The papers I used came from  the Cherry Blossom cd. I printed both sides of the paper so the shoes would be lined. The image is from Fredericka cd and I coloured her with promarkers. The ribbon is from my stash.



AnneI've a load of old and unloved CD's so thought I'd alter one of them. I started by loading the papers and images from Double Sprinkle of Craft into my graphics programme and created the little scene digitally.  Resized it to fit onto the CD and added a few more bits and pieces to give it some dimension.

                            

Kim - It's that time of year when I start to venture out into the garden again, so decided that I would alter a little cheap notepad and make it into a personalised garden notebook! I've used all papers from the Cherryblossom Lane cd  with some added distress inks. Then added embellishments printed and cut out from the cd with some added ribbons & buttons and die cut fence. And then added some wording to one of the tags on the cd. 


Lou: I decided to make a tag with my Studio 12 stamps and some papers from the Picknix Vol 1 CD. I have been itching to use "Art Girl" for ages and this challenge was just the kick I needed! I have stamped her, coloured with distress inks and then paper pieced her dress. I couldn't resist covering then in glossy accents.




So that's it!  Over to you now!  Good luck with the challenge - closing date is Sunday 12 May at 12noon GMT and please remember our rules!


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow ladies I love all of these things!! What fab fab things have been made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations ladies x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creations and well done to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great inspiration from the design team as usual, what a talented lot you are! thanks.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great projects this week, thanks for the weekly inspiration. And a big thankyou for the CD I've won. Cant wait to paly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oi Meninas!!!

    Conheci o blog através da Viviane Casale. Sou seguidora e eis aqui a minha participação.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome so love this challenge blog the projects are amazing and thanks for the win last week and week before, am about to print up my images and can't wait...luv annie xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!