Sunday 24 March 2013

Been using the fab new Studio 12 stamps ....

Am a lucky bunny and Nikky sent me loads of new stamps to play with and thought I'd share one of my experiments (!) with you !!!

I wanted to make a card that had no DP on it at all and also use colours that were outside my comfort zone. A while back Nikky and I were chatting over in a social networking site (I wonder which one that could be now?!?!?) and we both decided that yellow as a colour was one we didn't use very much, so, I have decided to use yellow as my accent colour. Sorry wasn't brave enough to make it my main colour .....






I have used the following stamp sets to create my card ....

*Pre-Order* Distressed Zig and Zag - stamp set*Pre-Order* Moments to Remember stamp set
*Pre-Order* Slab Stamps 1 - Shapes (A5)   *Pre-Order* Shabby checkers Stamp    *Pre-Order* Dreamy Trees - Stamp Set


I have created my panels making different backgrounds using a selection of the element stamps, inking the edges and then layering these on to white and black card. My main background was made using the cross hatch design from the Dreamy Trees set. I even used the lickle tree to make the leaves for my flower! My card was finished with a few gems and lables (?) nestie. The ribbon offcuts were from my stash.

Not sure why my photo is at this angle and will try and redo this so you get a better view of all the different stamped layers.

Update: More photos added .....

Hope the snow isn't ruining your Sunday too much and the vibrant yellow colours in my card, bring a little spring to your day.

Lou
x







5 comments:

  1. ooooooooooh you lucky thing :) This looks fabulous and love the gorgeous colours xxx

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lou! I'm a tad green as I want those stamps!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it's a miserable rainy day. But your card is so vibrant and fun! Very lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JustKraft: Your blend of colors is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!