Friday 30 September 2011

Week 39 Challenge - Birthday Ages

**See Nikky on Create and Craft (www.createandcraft.tv) at 10am, 1pm and 4pm today!**

Hi, it's Colette here, and this week it's my turn to set the Polkadoodles challenge - as my 'baby' will be turning twenty one next weekend, I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone to make an age card. I have already made a couple of cards for my daughter for other people to give to her, but am looking for some inspiration for my own, so I am depending on you all to show me lots of fabulous creations!

The top three from challenge 37 which was Whiteout are:

First Place: Nelly S
Second Place: Debs
Third Place: Emma

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download from Polkadoodles.

And that's not all! The randomly selected winner who will receive a copy of the Brand New cd - Pretty Sweet - which is launched today on Create and Craft is:


Number 3 which is Wilma

Please also email Nikky!

Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

The challenge is open until Sunday 9 October at 12noon GMT and any entries that do not follow our challenge rules will not be eligible for any prizes so please read them carefully!

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.

Ruth: I've made a cute card for a little girl who will be 2 at the end of November! I've used the bear template from Paper Boutique Vol 3 and printed the A5 size, layered it all up and added some pink ribbon from my stash. The number 2 is a die cut from my stash.

Audrey... For this number card I used the CD All Around And Everywhere. I colored the owl stamp in with Copics and used my Cricut for the banner and the number. The letters are stickers and I stitched around the edges with white floss.

Fliss - My younger daughter and her circle of friends will all be turning 21 over the next few months so I decided to get ahead with my cards. I used the gorgeous Winnie theme numbers and some pretty stitched paper together with a lovely sentiment panel from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD. The pink border is a scrap of paper from The Sundae Of Seasons CD and the pretty butterfly by Hobby Art was coloured with Promarkers.



Louise- I have used the All around and everywhere CD for the papers that I have used on my card and the image is a S.w.a.l.k stamp called Day dream believer.



Lis-m . Today I used papers from the new Pretty Sweet Cd.. I love these soooo much..the Stamp from my stash is called "Dolly Pip". I coloured her with my Promarkers and paper pieced her dress.



Claire - I am so taken with those pretty sweet girls that I hope I can be excused for using one today along with elements from the new cd.....sweet or what? They are simply lovely! Just a little doodling, ribbon and a few buttons.



Miria For my card I used this gorgeous stamp from Polka Doodles stashbox, Wonderland and the paper is from the matching CD. I coloured it with Promarkers and Distress; the sentiment is handwritten with Kuretake Calligraphy and the number is from All Around and Everywhere. No embellies as it is for a man.



Enfys: My Pretty Sweet CD arrived in Florida this week, and I couldn't wait to use it, I just love these little girls. For my card I cut out a figure 8 using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge on my Cricut. I perched the little girl onto that (using foam tape), and did the sentiment with tiny letter stickers. Background paper is also from the CD, Promarker colours used are on my blog. I used Card Candi to give a final touch




Colette - This week I have used a Magnolia stamp, coloured with Promarkers, and papers from the gorgeous Pretty Sweet CD, I think these papers go perfectly with the Magnolia images.The circle and corner dies are both Marianne Creatables and the scalloped circle is Go Kreate, ribbon, flower and pearls are from stash.




Alan This card was made by using the great imagery from the 'PRETTY SWEET' cd. The hardest part was picking what digi stamp image to use. I wanted the Numbers to be a focal point on the card as well as the figures. After printing them out l backed them onto thin card to give some stability. Using my Pro-Markers l set about colouring in and had great fun doing so as they are so easy to colour no matter what your level is.Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules! Challenge closes on Sunday 9 October at 12noon GMT.
*****


5 comments:

  1. So many lovely cards! I love the rabbit from alice in wonderland, I am fairly new to blogging and very new to taking part in challenges but I think I might have ago at this one
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entered my age birthday card that is to be for my daughter who will be 20 this yr.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness me ! ... i have just uploaded this weeks card and seen that i won the White out Challenge!!!! ....really didn't expect this as there was so many wonderful card entries! ....thank you so much for choosing my card! it's made my evening! ..Love Nelly ...X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever so sorry link 15 for some reason keeps trying to use netwrok blogs for my image grrrrrrr. I have re-done my link no16 but can't see how to delete the other one sorry. Happy Crafting Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just read your lovely comment. Thank you. I have also just found out that new Walter and Winnie Does Christmas CD is going to be featured on "Create and Craft TV " very soon. I can't wait !!!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!