Friday 22 October 2010

Week 42 Challenge - Welcome new baby

Hiya doodlers! It's Enfys here, my turn to set the challenge this week. Before doing that, here are the winners of Week 40 - make your own embellisments:

First Place:
Kerry
Second Place:
Claire
Third Place:
Jan

Congratulations to you all, please
email Nikky for your coveted blinkies

Since I am a very besotted grandma, I fell in love with the baby elements on Sundae of Seasons and set the team a challenge to

make something for a new baby

- it doesn't have to be a card, any project with a new baby theme will fit the bill

Do remember to limit your entry to a maximum of ten challenges, including your Polkadoodles one - we would hate to have to discount your fab projects because you forgot about this little rule. Deadline for entries via the blue frog is Sunday 31 October at 12noon GMT.

If you need inspiration take a look at the adorable stuff the design team came up with..............

Kris: I just knew that everyone would be using one of the cute babies from Sundae of Seasons and so…me too! I did try to make mine a bit different by going with a shaped card. I took a top-folded 5”x5” card and cut a semi-circle out of the middle of the top then I used some decorative-edged scissors to cut down the sides and round the bottom to give the appearance of a baby bib. The backing paper is also from Sundae of Seasons while the sentiment badge and buttons are from earlier CD’s (forgive me for not knowing which ones). To finish, I added some punched pink stars with pink gems.


Enfys: Two for the price of one from me this week, first for a baby girl. I covered a bought gift bag with papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD, added some punched borders, then replaced the ribbon handle with twill, and started adding the Polkadoodly elements. I just love that baby..........

and I couldn't leave the boys out, so here is a washing line card from the same CD, with my favourite gingham paper and a few little clothes pegs............


Fliss - I've made an easel card using the adorable baby and bear from the Baby Collection in the Spring Section of the Sundae of Seasons CD. I decided to go for a patchwork look which I made with squares of some of the gorgeous papers on the CD and put the baby in a basket for a cute touch.

Brenda - Using the new CD Sundae of Seasons again and this cute little bear which I printed our several time to decoupage. Papers from the same CD, Martha Stewart punched border and corner and sentiment again from the CD.

Lis-m I was a little spoilt for choice with the baby images on the new Sundae of Seasons cd. There are so many yummy embellies you can use... I decided to go with the cute baby girl image , and i used the lovely ditsy prints in lemom and pink and again in pink for the gingham. I used these for my layers. I wrap some ribbon around a circle of card (if you are old enough to remember making poms-poms with oddments of yarn... its pretty similar to this). I added lace behind the circle and adhered to my card , then added a lacey doily and then a nestie scalopped circle. Added the baby, embellished a little and voila!


Tracy - I thought I'd have a change for this challenge and I've made a door hanger, I have used the bear from the Sundae Of Seasons, and the papers are from Sugar Birdies. The butterfly is a stamp from the Fairy Flutterfly's Meeshelle.



Emma I have made one of my favourites this week, a bunting, or garland if you like. I love making these for decoration and the Sundae of Seasons Cd gave me the most gorgeous coloured papers, images and embellishments to work with.



Jenny One of my favourite things about Sundae of Seasons is the sentiments section. I made my sentiment the focal point of my card, added some sparkle to the heart with glitter & added some piercing & faux stitching to finish.


Dee: Isn't it amazing how two people can have the same thought. I too have popped my baby in the basket on my card. I used Sundae of Seasons cd for all the papers, bits and bobs. I've just added a couple of button brads and some red gingham ribbon. Some of the new East of India ribbons on the Polka Doodle website would have looked fabby on here, I really must invest in some.


Claire It seems alot of us adore that cute bear image! I've combined mine with sleeping baby boy and some dragonflies printed on Vellum with added stickles and a few buttons. Bears head pops out on a spring to say hello!


Tracie: I made a little gift set for a baby boy this week - I made a little pillow box gift set with the washing line - just right for popping a tiny little sleepsuit in - *broody alert*. I then made a little card to welcome the new little person ( I LOVE that sentiment!) using the sleeping baby boy. The new labels in the shop would be perfect for this project, I may have to remake it!


Ruth: I've taken the stars from Sundae of Seasons and made them into little sticks, complete with an altered jar! The letters on the stars have been overwritten with liquid pearls and I've used some very wide ribbon around the jar plus one of the sentiments. More views are on my blog!

Pssst, before I leave you to your creating, take a peek at the new East of India yummy delicious ribbons, brand new at the Polkadoodles shop.

Good luck with the challenge, the design team will be hopping around to see your entries - deadline is Sunday 31 October at 12noon GMT.

*****


3 comments:

  1. great DT cards... will have to get my thinking cap on...
    congrats to the winners... of the halloween challenge...
    kaz_za

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous DT cards and thanks so much for choosing my card for you top 3 :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh unable to see a linky hope it is alright to leave my card link here such fabulous DT inspiration and a great challenge them too

    Hugs Kate xx
    http://downrightcrafty.blogspot.com/2010/10/stampin-with-dragon-dt-card.html

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!