Friday 28 May 2010

Week 21 Challenge - Sew and Sew

Hi everyone, Lou here and guess what? It's Friday . . . YIPPEE . . . and like the well known TV advert, I've definitely got that Friday Feeling! Now the challenge this week is called



"Sew and Sew"


I would love you to add some sewing to your project this week. You could do this with your sewing machine, by hand, faux sewing/stitches or some of you might even have a rubber stamp that looks like sewing. The choice is yours!

Well done to the 5 lucky winners of our 1st Birthday giveaway. The following ladies will each receive a set of rubber stamps and a CD and the winning entry will get an extra CD.

1st place: Siobhan

2nd place: Croms

3rd place: Katie Oakley

4th place: Karen Everton

5th place: Donzabub


Please email Nikky for your prizes and our much treasured "blinkies".

To get the ball rolling (as it were), here is some inspiration from the Polka Doodlely DT . . .
Brenda I used Gracie, one of the new Fairy Flutterfly stamps, stamping her three times to decoupage, stamped her wings on paper from All Around CD then again on acetate and glittered. I used the same paper for the background and machine stitched round the edges - not my strong point.

Ruth: I've used Sugar Birdie papers and flowers printed onto vellum. The spotty ribbon came from my stash and I've faux stitched the flower stems and also around the edges of the card. The sentiment stamp is from the Fairy Flutterfly collection.


Kris: I am definitely a "sewing-challenged" person so this was quite a feat for me. I did make use of faux stitching around the edge but (and this is a first) I did stitch the flower stems with floss. The cute backing paper and adorable fox are from the new All Around & Everywhere CD - shaped cards. I just cut Mr. Fox out and used him as a stand-alone feature. I added a sentiment from the same CD and stamped some extra flowers from one of my Fairy Flutterfly sets and popped them on.


Kerry - All Around and Everywhere again for me too. I used embroidery thread to hand stitch (it's a bit scary seeing me with a sewing machine!!) around the bottom of the card and then stitched beads on her hat and bag.

Tracie I chose this weeks challenge to make a door hanger for my Little Girls newly decorated bedroom. I used papers from the gorgeous All Around and Everywhere CD, as well as the bunting template from the same CD. I machine stitched (badly) round the edges of the bunting and the name square. Then used the distressed flowers template from Candy doodles onto All Around and Everywhere paper to make the flower. The centre is from the embellishments section and covered in Glossy Accents. The alphabet stickers were a poundland bargain!
Fliss - I've all used the All Around & Everywhere CD and have been a bit sneaky as one of my TV samples for Nikky fits the theme perfectly so I just had to show it to you. I've used brown and blue papers and layered up one of the lovely roses. I made a pretty lace backing piece for the rose by running stitches along one edge and gathering it up to form a pleated circle. I used one of the button embellishments for the centre and made a central strip with more lace, pearls and a border. I did faux stitching all round the edges with a fine brown pen. I added one of the pretty circular greeting embellishments to finish.


Nettie: Well for this challenge I have dusted off my sewing machine!! Lots of zig zagging......I have used the All Around & Everywhere CD for this one and this gorgeous tree image. I also added a little glitter and glaze to this card, just for a bit of sparkle.

Enfys - I used papers from the All Around & Everywhere CD (floral frenzy collection) and cut out the funky flowers. Some stitching around the edges with my trusty Singer, and lots of doodling. I love these sentiment tiles on the Cd, the sentiments are great and there is one to match every collection. Clever Nikky.
...



19 comments:

  1. I'm in shock...
    Thanks so much awarding my entry 1st place.
    I cant wait to get my hands on the goodies!!!

    Thanks again
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thankyou girls. I'm over the moon. Congrats to all the winners especially Siobhan for her 1st prize win.
    Once again, many thanks
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done to all of the lovely winners!

    Super new challenge, I love sewing on cards and cant wait to have a little play!

    Beautiful DT cards but I am missing Claires!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab DT work as usual. Great to see Nikki on C&C in the week!! Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Girls, Hope you like my entry. DT cards are gorgeous. Debbiexx
    http://debbie-lovepapercrafting.blogspot.com/2010/05/thank-you-teacher.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls! This challenge was for me, because I like to sew all my cards. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely challenge girls - I don't sew often enough and I don't know why 'cos it's fun!
    I have uploaded but it's not showing yet - I'll check back later becaus eit kicked me off the site too!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some weird reason Inklinkz isn't showing my entry, though it has it as it won't let me enter another - grr!! Here's my entry - great them, I really should stitch on cards more often:), thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab challenge :D i've added mine but its not showing lol not sure whats happened

    Hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi There for some reason inklnz aint working i've put it all through but still not showing LOL So here's my entry http://salsbitsandbobs.blogspot.com/2010/05/birthday-card-for-fil-from-our-son.html

    Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr Linky was a bit naughty with me too, but I deleted the first entery that showed a frogg...hrm, but second time I tryed was fine!!! Good luck to every body playing along!!
    Great DT work!!!!! Thank you
    Hugs Lina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the challenge - I enjoy using faux stitching - so a great one to do :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for a great challenge. I like the way sewing looks on cards. I have just recently taken up real sewing, but didn't have the time on this card.

    TFL,

    Debra (dj1952)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my second entry, because I sew all my cards:) Thanks so much for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello
    For the first time in this play is your igra.Mnogo zabavno.Iskam continue
    My work cards sewn mashina.Tova my pleasure
    I want to win nagradata.Shte use it to usavarshenskvam-very sweet
    At your best fan
    Krassimira

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first time I have entered any Blog challenge and just don't know if I am doing this properly so excuse me if I have done it wrong. I have made 2 cards for this challenge- more or less the same and basically just different colours. I hope one (or both) are acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable job by the DT! I love my Janome and was so happy to use it for this challenge. Thank you for a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We lost our electricity due to bad weather yesterday. :( I wanted to include this project but at least you all can take a look if you'd like! It was the first time I did the zigzag stich on paper! :)

    Flower Picking Fairy Card

    *Hugs to all*

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!